When you choose adoption in Dover, DE, you are choosing to give your child their best possible life, full of opportunities that you may not be able to provide for them right now. Throughout your adoption process, you get to make all of the decisions that make you comfortable and confident in your Dover adoption.
You can contact us online at any time to be connected with an adoption professional if you’re ready to start your adoption in Dover today. You can also get answers to all your questions about “giving up” baby for adoption in Dover.
There are five important milestones in your Dover adoption:
- Completing the 5 Steps on how to “give up” baby for adoption in Dover
- Know when you can “give up” baby for adoption in Dover?
- Learn how to find an adoption agency in Dover that fits your needs
- Get help finding an adoptive family in Dover
- Apply for financial assistance for adoption in Dover
Remember that each adoption is unique, but most adoptions follow a similar process. Keep reading to learn the five basic steps of “giving up” baby for adoption in Dover.
How to “Give Up” Baby for Adoption in Dover [The Adoption Process]
The process for adoption in Dover can vary depending on your personal situation, but you can use this guide to help you learn what to expect during your Dover adoption. Your best adoption resources can be found at an adoption agency in Dover because they provide an adoption specialist and other adoption services at no cost to prospective birth parents.
Here are the five steps to having a successful adoption in Dover:
1. Know That Adoption in Dover is Right for You
Adoption is one of your three pregnancy options when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy — parenting, adoption or abortion.
You can also contact us online to be connected with an adoption professional who can give you reliable facts and information about adoption in Dover for an informed decision.
2. Contact an Adoption Agency to Get Adoption Information and Support
You are not required to work with an adoption agency in Dover, but you must work with an adoption attorney to complete the legal process. However, if you choose not to work with an adoption agency you may not receive the comprehensive adoption support that you need for a Dover adoption.
Most adoption agencies in Dover provide the following services to prospective birth parents:
- 24/7 communication
- Adoption counseling
- Licensed social workers
- Financial assistance for adoption
- Adoption attorneys
- And more
3. Get Help from Your Adoption Specialist [Create an Adoption Plan]
One of the first things you will do when you choose adoption in Dover is create your adoption plan. Your adoption plan gives you control over all the decisions that you get to make during the adoption process.
Here is a list of some of the things you get to choose during your Dover adoption:
- At which hospital do you want to give birth?
- Do you want your child to live in Delaware or in another state?
- What opportunities would you like your child to experience?
- Do you want your child to have brothers and sisters?
- What type of adoptive parents do you want your child to have?
- What type of education do you want for your child?
- And more
Keep in mind that you don’t need to create your adoption plan on your own. Your adoption specialist will have knowledge about what types of things you should consider when you’re creating your plan for adoption in Dover.
When you have an adoption plan that fits your needs, then you can have the best possible adoption experience.
4. Find the Perfect Adoptive Parents for Your Baby
It may be easier than you think to find people looking for adoption in Dover. You can view adoption profiles online of hopeful parents who want to start or grow their families through Dover adoption.
An adoption profile will allow you to learn about hopeful adoptive parents so that you can decide if they are a good fit for your child. The following information can be found in an adoption profile:
- Why the hopeful adoptive parents want to adopt a child
- What occupations the adoptive parents have
- Where the adoptive parents live
- Fun things the adoptive parents like to do together
- How many children the adoptive parents already have
- What type of pets the adoptive parents have
- And more
Adoption agencies in Dover can work with many hopeful adoptive families at once, and it can be beneficial for you to get help finding the right adoptive parents. Your adoption specialist can mail you adoption profiles or send you adoption profiles to view online.
Remember to take as much time as you need to choose the perfect adoptive parents for your baby. This decision will impact you, your child and the adoptive family. You deserve peace of mind in knowing that it’s the right decision.
5. Give Birth and Sign Paperwork for Consent to Adoption in Dover
When it’s time for you to give birth, you can make sure that everyone involved in your Dover adoption is prepared to support you in a way that makes you feel comfortable. Your adoption birth plan is a part of your adoption plan, and it specifically covers what you want to happen before, during and after childbirth.
The birth plan also gives you the opportunity to decide when you’re ready to sign paperwork for consent to the adoption in Dover. There are three important things that you need to know about signing adoption paperwork:
- According to Delaware adoption laws, you can sign paperwork for consent to adoption in Dover at any time after your baby is born.
- Signing paperwork for consent to Dover adoption means that you are terminating your parental rights to your child — you will no longer be their parent.
- After you sign paperwork for consent to adoption in Dover to terminate your parental rights, your child will be placed with the adoptive parents that you chose for them.
Although Dover adoption is final, this does not mean that you will never see your child again. Over 90% of adoptions today are open adoptions. This means that you can create a communication plan with your child’s adoptive parents, continue to be a part of their lives and see your child grow up after adoption in Dover.
When Can I Give Up Baby for Adoption in Dover?
There is no perfect time to choose Dover adoption and there is no wrong time, either. Adoption in Dover is available to you at any time during your pregnancy and even after your baby is born.
Here are three ways that you can choose adoption:
- Choosing adoption for your unborn baby: You can be early in your pregnancy or late in your pregnancy. Your baby does not have to be born yet when you choose adoption in Dover.
- Last-minute adoption: If you decide to place your baby for adoption right before going into labor or right after the baby is born at the hospital, that’s OK. Contact a Dover adoption agency while you’re at the hospital and an experienced adoption specialist can help you begin your adoption process.
- You’ve already taken your baby home from the hospital: Your adoption specialist can help you choose hopeful adoptive parents who are looking to adopt a baby that is a few weeks or even a few months old.
The bottom line: if you are considering adoption at any time, you can contact an adoption professional at a Dover adoption agency to ask questions and begin the adoption process. Contact us online to learn more about when you can choose adoption in Dover.
Adoption Agencies in Dover
Not all adoption agencies in Dover are the same, but they generally provide similar adoption services for prospective birth parents.
There are two main types of adoption agencies in Dover:
- Local adoption agencies are located in only one state, like Delaware, and they work with adoptive families who live in that state. If you want your child to live in Delaware, then you can work with a local Dover adoption agency.
- National adoption agencies work with prospective birth parents and hopeful adoptive parents who live in any state in U.S. They can work with hundreds of adoptive parents at once, but keep in mind that even if you work with a national adoption agency in Dover, you can still find adoptive parents that live in Delaware.
Here is a list of local and national adoption agencies in Dover, or near Dover:
- American Adoptions
- Adoptions from the Heart
- Madison Adoption Associates
- Bethany Christian Services
- Open Arms Adoption Network
Finding an Adoptive Family in Dover
You deserve to be comfortable with the hopeful adoptive parents who want to adopt your child, and that’s why you get to choose your baby’s adoptive parents. Adoption matching services at adoption agencies in Dover are created to help you and hopeful adoptive parents find one another for an adoption opportunity.
These are the three steps to how matching services work for adoption in Dover:
Step 1: You can view adoption profiles online, or your adoption specialist can send you adoption profiles in the mail that match your preferences in your adoption plan.
Step 2: Choose an adoptive family that you think would be perfect for your baby and let your adoption specialist know who they are.
Step 3: Your adoption specialist will contact the hopeful adoptive parents and if they accept your adoption opportunity, then you have an adoption match.
Remember that your adoption specialist can help you narrow down the number of adoption profiles that you view. It can be overwhelming to view too many profiles at once, especially when you work with a national adoption agency in Dover.
Contact us online today if you need help sorting through adoption profiles, or if you find an adoptive family that you want to adopt your child.
Getting Financial Assistance for Adoption in Dover
You should know that “giving up” baby for adoption in Dover, DE, or anywhere in the U.S., is always free for prospective birth parents. If you’re experiencing financial hardship and you want a Dover adoption, then you can get adoption financial assistance.
Receiving financial assistance for adoption in Dover is not the same as “getting paid” for adoption. Here’s why — financial assistance for adoption in Dover is for prospective birth parents who were already experiencing financial instability and need financial support during pregnancy.
You don’t need to worry about paying for the following things when you choose to have a Dover adoption:
- Medical expenses for prenatal healthcare and childbirth
- Legal expenses for adoption attorney fees
- Living expenses for groceries, housing, maternity clothing, transportation, and more
Here are three steps for how to qualify for and receive financial assistance for adoption in Dover:
Step 1: Get help from your adoption specialist in collecting your financial documents for review. These documents include your pay stubs, bank statements, and billing statements.
Step 2: Your adoption attorney will submit your financial documents to the court for a decision on how much financial assistance that you can receive for adoption in Dover.
Step 3: Once the court approves the amount of adoption financial assistance, your adoption agency in Dover will ensure that your medical, legal and living expenses are paid.
Your adoption agency will manage your medical, legal and living expenses so that you can have a successful adoption in Dover with little to no financial stress. Financial assistance for adoption in Dover helps you cover expenses that you would otherwise struggle to pay as a prospective birth parent while you’re going through the adoption process.
You can contact us online to learn more about qualifying for adoption financial assistance when you choose adoption in Dover for your baby.
What’s Next for Your Unplanned Pregnancy?
Not sure if adoption in Dover is right for you? That’s OK. Only you can decide which unplanned pregnancy option is best for your situation. It can be difficult to know what to do when you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy, but finding an unplanned pregnancy counselor can be your best resource.
You have three unplanned pregnancy options:
- Parenting — raise your child
- Adoption — place your child with adoptive parents
- Abortion — terminate the pregnancy