You are considering adoption for your baby because you love them and want the best for them. That is a brave and heroic thing to do.
But how can you know you are really doing the best thing for your child? How can you ensure you are giving them the best possible future?
By finding the perfect adoptive family.
Adoption-For-My-Baby.com can help. We have partnered with American Adoptions to display hundreds of adoption profiles of waiting families from across the country — giving you more choices and a greater chance of finding the perfect parents for your baby.
Ready to get started? Browse the adoptive family profiles below and contact us any time to get free, personalized support to find your perfect match.
How You Can Choose the Perfect Adoptive Family [This is 100% Your Decision]
It takes incredible strength and selflessness to choose adoption for your baby. You deserve to feel confident and in control of this process and of your baby’s future — which means you deserve to find exactly the type of family you want your child to have.
That’s why we display hundreds of adoptive parent profiles on our site. It’s simple: The more adoption profiles you have to look at, the more likely you are to find the perfect family that meets all of your criteria.
Take it from Amanda, a birth mother who started out working with a local adoption agency but was disappointed with the limited number of adoption profiles they had for her to choose from.
“Since they were limited to local families, and considering the requirements for the family I wanted for my baby, they could only find one family for me to choose from — not exactly my idea of ‘choice,’” Amanda said.
Amanda searched online and found a larger agency with a nationwide database of online adoption profiles, much like the one on this site. With so many more families to choose from, she could be as selective as she wanted — and a few weeks and many profiles later, she was able to find the perfect family’s profile for adoption.
You can find the perfect family, too — no matter what you’re looking for. Don’t let a small, local adoption professional tell you that you’re being “too picky” or that you need to settle. With something this important, you get to be as picky as you want. You can choose the adoptive family’s:
- Racial and cultural background
- Religious beliefs and values
- Living situation (whether they live in a particular state or region, in a rural or urban environment, in a family-friendly neighborhood, etc.)
- Hobbies, interests and traditions
- Lifestyle and family makeup (including whether they have other children)
- And more
Step 1: Decide What You Are Looking for to Narrow Down Your Search
With so many adoptive parent profiles to choose from, you may be overwhelmed. Finding that perfect adoptive family can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack.
Start by thinking about what’s really important to you. What do you want your baby’s future to look like? What kind of family might provide that future for your baby?
- Do you want your baby to grow up in a certain part of the country?
- Do you want them to have older siblings?
- Do you want them to have a two-parent household — a mom and dad, or two moms or two dads?
- Is the race of the adoptive parents important to you?
- Do you want a family that shares your religious beliefs or cultural practices?
Using the drop-down menus below, you can filter parent profiles by factors like family type, ethnicity, religion, state of residence and more. Simply select the filter(s) you’d like to apply, then click “Search Adoptive Families.” You will see all of the adoptive family profiles matching your search criteria.
Step 2: Get to Know Hopeful Parents through Adoptive Family Profiles
You can learn a lot about a potential adoptive family through their adoption profile. In the profiles below, you’ll find information about each family’s:
- Lifestyle and personalities
- Home and neighborhood
- Beliefs and values
- Desires to adopt
- And much more
You’ll also find that every waiting family has a unique adoption profile video, which gives you the opportunity to see the family in action. You can hear their voices, watch them interact with each other and visualize what life would be like for your child in their family.
“I just fell in love with them from watching their video and reading their profile,” birth mother Colleen said about choosing the perfect parents for her daughter. “It made me laugh, it made me smile, and I could picture my child with them, which was really amazing. I saw them as people that I would get along with… I could be friends with them. In a strange way, it was kind of like picking my own parents – somebody that you’d want to take care of your child. It was a really unique experience. I decided on them right away when I first saw their video on the website. I just fell in love with them.”
Step 3: Get Personalized Recommendations
If you’re struggling to find online adoptive parent profiles that fit what you’re looking for, or if you feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of families there are to choose from, an adoption professional can help. You can contact us at any time to get help sorting through adoption parents’ profiles — for free and with absolutely no obligation to move forward with an adoption plan.
Your adoption professional will work with you to better understand your situation and exactly what you’re looking for in adoptive parents, then send you personalized recommendations of waiting families’ profiles that match your vision for your baby’s future. They can also send you hard-copy profiles of parents who wish to adopt, if you prefer; just let them know that you’d like to get adopting parents’ profiles mailed to you, and they will send you printed profile books of families who match your specific preferences.
To get waiting families’ profiles sent to you, contact us today.
Step 4: Get in Touch with Your Favorite Families
As you read the profiles below and watch videos of parents looking to adopt a newborn, you may find that one sparks a special connection for you. Many birth parents describe this moment as one of calm, reassurance, and a deep sense of “just knowing” they’d found the ones.
“When I found my child’s family, I had this overwhelming calming feeling that I would be making the right decision here,” birth mother Erika said of finding the right adoptive parents’ profile. “It’s not an easy task to talk about yourself to convince a prospective birth mom to pick you, but they did it! Their profile out of the 15 I received was fun, bright, full of a big loving family — something I never had myself. I knew they were the ones.”
When you experience a moment like that, complete the contact form that is included at the bottom of each of our online adoption profiles, or contact us to get more information about the family. An adoption professional will reach out to you to answer questions you might have about the family’s profile for adoption and help you start the process if and when you feel ready.
Once you feel ready and your professional has the information they need from you, they can set up a phone call between you and the adoptive parents to get to know each other better. Hopefully, this call reaffirms your decision, and you can move forward with building a lifelong relationship with your baby’s new parents!
Additional Tips for Finding the Perfect Adoptive Family’s Profile
- Don’t give up. You may find that your online search isn’t turning up as many results as you were hoping for, but don’t let that discourage you! There are so many adoptive families at all stages of the process, and not all of them are at the point where their waiting family profiles are listed online. If you aren’t finding waiting adoptive family profiles that perfectly match all of your criteria, the best thing you can do is contact us. We will put you in touch with an adoption professional who can send you additional adoption family profiles until you find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Keep asking for more profiles, if you need them. Whether you review adoptive parent profiles online or through the mail, you can review as many adoptive parent profiles as you need until you find the family that feels right. “I wanted to keep my options open, so I asked [my adoption specialist] to email me some more [family profiles],” said Angelica about her process to find the perfect adoptive family. “Eventually, she had sent me every single one of the waiting couples on the whole list.” You can take as much time as you need and look at as many profiles as you want until you find the best possible family for your baby.
- Listen to your gut. Sometimes, birth parents say they really don’t know what they’re looking for until they see it. That’s perfectly OK! You might be surprised to find that your preferences for an adoptive family change throughout the process, so be open-minded when reviewing profiles, and listen to your heart. Many birth parents describe a feeling of “just knowing” when they found the right adoptive parents’ profile. Pay attention to your feelings as you look through waiting adoptive family profiles, and listen for the one that speaks to you!
Are you ready to find the perfect adoptive parents’ profile? Get started with the profiles below, or contact an adoption professional now to get free, personalized support.
*Adoption-For-My-Baby.com has partnered with American Adoptions to display these profiles of hopeful parents waiting to adopt. We are working to add adoption profiles from additional professionals and independent families in the future.